Thursday, January 13, 2011

Great Day

Another cold virus behind me. With over 200 identified rhino viruses, it appears that there will be more in my future.

This cold infection lasted about a week before I finally felt like going for a hike -- yesterday. Today I took an even longer hike since I felt so good. I could breathe. Great feeling.

The trail system didn't seem to have a name and I couldn't find one in searches of the internet. Like most trails in the Coachella Valley, it is a steep climb from the trail head. Probably got to about 1000 feet for a high point following one of the many trails that laced the area. With few hikers on the trail, it was a very pleasant hike. At one of the trail intersections was a 12-15 foot long rock art piece. It qualifies as art since it resembled a human -- although out of proportion -- with the required number of limbs. :) 


A weathered tree branch was the smile. Actually it looked like a mummified lizard. Two dimensional photography didn't produce the mummified lizard impression. You will have to trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments are no longer allowed. Regardless, comments are appreciated. Sometimes there may be a response from Wandrin Lloyd. Sometimes not. Regardless. Thanks for stopping by to share your thoughts. Leave a comment or send WandrinLloyd an email. Note: Ads disguised as comments will be deleted.